Aus Mein Wiki
[Bearbeiten] Al Gore likens global warming deniers to slavery, apartheid
Al Gore likens global warming deniers to slavery, apartheid perpetrators ‘The ability of the raging deniers to stop progress is waning every single day,’ said the environmental activist. By / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Thursday,Cheap Joe Flacco Jersey,FeastPB Blog Archive Chipotle rolls out a tofu entree in some, August 22, 2013,The 25 best college football names of 2013, 11:43 AM Koichi Kamoshida/Getty Images
Former Vice President Al Gore said the topic of global warming is avoided like substance abuse in a timid family where the addict flies into a rage whenever the subject is mentioned.
Related Stories dished out some harsh words for global warming skeptics, likening the deniers of the environmental issue to the perpetrators of history’s most egregious events including apartheid and slavery.
Gore told that “we’re winning” the conversation on racism, homophobia and prejudice.
“I remember as a boy when the conversation on civil rights was won in the South. I remember a time when one of my friends made a racist joke and another said, hey man, we don’t go for that anymore,” Gore said in praise of how society has changed.
But when it comes to global warming deniers,Cheap NFL T-Shirt, Gore says the progress “has been stalled,” blaming “a shrinking group of denialists.”
The former vice president went on to compare global warming skeptics to families who have a relative with a substance abuse issue.
“It’s like a family with an alcoholic father who flies into a rage every time a subject is mentioned, and so everybody avoids the elephant in the room to keep the peace,” he said.
Conservatives in particular place a low priority on concerns about global warming.
On Monday, Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) called into the radio show hosted by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee to blast President Obama’s agenda.
The senator accused the President of violating federal law in the effort to combat climate change, saying his administration has an illegal partnership with his advocacy group Organizing for Action.
Despite the chatter from the right about concerns over global warming being overblown, Gore expressed optimism about a vibrancy in environmental activism.
He especially expressed excitement that deniers are being “hit politically.”
“They’re being subjected to ridicule … the ability of the raging deniers to stop progress is waning every single day.”
Though the GOP is criticized as dragging its feet when it comes to climate change, only 34% of Americans believe global warming poses a “serious threat,” according to a Gallup poll from April.
[Bearbeiten] Quick Thoughts On The St. Louis Rams Loss To The Denver Bron
Aug 24, 2013; Denver, CO, USA; Denver Broncos cheerleader performs during the preseason game against the St. Louis Rams at Sports Authority Field .The Broncos defeated the Rams 27-26. Mandatory Credit: Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports
Last night the St. Louis Rams put on a show for the world, playing their first nationally televised game against the Peyton Manning-led . The game was exciting from the opening snap, with some highlight reel plays from the Rams and the Broncos doing their best Chip Kelly impression with their hurry-up offense. While the final score suggests that St. Louis lost the game,Cheap Dallas Cowboys Jersey, it is certainly not indicative of the battle between the starters. It is safe to say Jeff Fisher will be much happier with his film than John Fox. Anyways, without further ado, here are Ramblin Fan s quick thoughts on the game
1. First and foremost, let s have a moment of silence for all those experts and analysts that had been ripping on the Alec Ogletree selection after his performances in the opening half of the preseason. The Tree was the obvious player of the game last night , making massive plays on the ground and in coverage. Unofficially, the rookie outside linebacker finished the night with: 6 tackles, 2 tackles for a loss, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 1 defensive touchdown, 2 pass deflections, and 1 interception. The quickest way to make doubters close their mouths is by going out and performing on the football field. Ogletree certainly shut a few nay-sayers up last night.
2. Since Bradford joined the NFL, his confidence has always been in question on the football field. At the start of last season, there were questions about him suffering from cabin fever, or rushing due to defensive pressure that wasn t necessarily there. Between Jeff Fisher, the new pieces on the offense line, and his new offense weapons, Bradford has obviously found his comfort zone. The Rams signal caller has been sensational in all three preseason games so far, finishing last night ?with a 56% completion percentage, 110 passing yards, and his first touchdown connection with Jared Cook. If this is any indication of how Bradford will play during the regular season,Syria accuses rebels of using chemical weapons, he could certainly move up into the upper echelon of quarterback in the league.
3. Benny Cunningham needs to make this 53-man roster, solely for the purpose of giving the St. Louis Rams someone besides Isaiah Pead to return kickoffs. Pead was not really given the opportunity to show off his potential last night, with most of his kicks sailing over his head. However, we have seen Pead s success as a returner, or lack of, dating back to last season. Benny Cunningham has been impressive on nearly every return he has taken this preseason. With Terrance Ganaway gone, there is no reason Cunningham shouldn t see the first team snaps at kick return against the on Thursday, and eventually make the team as a depth running back and special teams player.
4. Having no inside knowledge on the rationale behind the receiver rotation,Biggest Surprise In 2013, we all have to be somewhat perplexed by the refusal to given Brian Quick and Stedman Bailey more snaps with the first-teamers. Austin Pettis was abysmal last night, in one case looking over the wrong shoulder on the corner route that likely should have been a touchdown. Both Bailey and Quick have been impressive in practice and during their preseason games. At some point, the coaching staff is going to have to shuffle the rotation. Or, at least, we hope
5. Whatever Jeff Fisher did at practice to improve on tackling, he should continue to do for the rest of the preseason and on into the regular season. Granted, there was still a fair amount of arm tackles last night, but there were no glaring misses by players in the open field like there had been against Green Bay. James Laurinaitis, Alec Ogletree, Cortland Finnegan, and Rodney McLeod all stood out on the defensive side of the football last night simply with their tackling. That is a good sign!
6. Speaking of Rodney McLeod go ahead and make him the starter.
7. Greg the Leg was certainly unleashed last night, getting to attempt a 58-yarder in the notoriously thin-air in Denver. In Ramblin Fan s bold predictions, we suggested that Zuerlein would enter the history books with a 60+ yard field goal. We ll have to settle for a 58 yard make, with about 5 to 10 yards of extra power.
8. With Devin Hester and Josh Cribbs in their primes, opposing punters would try their best to kick the football out of bound, or even sacrifice distance in an attempt to force a fair catch by the return men. Tavon Austin may very well be that type of player, with two excellent returns last night in the punt game. Aside from the Alec Ogletree force-scoop-and-score, Austin s 81 yard punt return on the Rams first drive was likely the highlight of the game. Dynamic
9. Not to be outdone by the other rookies, T.J. McDonald was impressive last night as well, ?getting ?his paw on a field goal attempt. Aside from the block, McDonald was also impressive with the first-teamers, recorded 3 tackles next to his new partner, Rodney McLeod. More importantly, we did not hear McDonald s name for most of the night. Oddly enough, that is a good thing; meaning there was no blown coverage, missed tackles, or penalties that drew attention. Last night was a coming-out party for the 2013 rookie draft class. Let s hope they can keep it up into the regular season.
10. Johnny Hekker was a monster in the punt game last night, with two absolutely beautiful kicks landing inside the 20 yard line. Consistency was ?a problem for Hekker last year,Cheap NFL Hat, with the occasional shank during some big moments in the game. So far, the sophomore punter has been nothing short of phenomenal, much like the rest of the special teams-trio.
[Bearbeiten] Woman drowns in backyard pool in Cinco Ranch
Authorities are investigating the death of woman who appeared to drown in a backyard pool in Katy Saturday. The woman,Cheap Dallas Cowboys Jersey,, in her 50s,, was babysitting children at a home in Cinco Ranch in the 2000 block of Fairbranch Court,Cheap New England Patriots Jersey, said Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office spokesman . Deputies and paramedics arrived to the house around 5:20 p.m., and found the woman's body, Haenel said. Her identity has not yet been released. Details of the incidents remain under investigation.
[Bearbeiten] Jury Seated In Gus Boulis Murder Trial CBS Miami
FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – The jury has been selected in the trial of two men accused in the gangland slaying of Miami Subs founder and SunCruz casino boat operator Konstantinos “Gus” Boulis.
The 12 member jury was seated Monday, August 26th but the trial isn’t scheduled to begin until Sept. 30th.
Prospective jurors were questioned over the past several weeks. Boulis was shot to death in 2001 at the wheel of his green BMW sedan on a downtown Fort Lauderdale street by an assailant who pulled alongside in another car, while other vehicles blocked Boulis in.
Anthony Big Tony Moscatiello,Lance Bass says no N Sync reunion tour; dishes on Cyru,Cheap Baltimore Ravens Jersey, 75,Year after UT bleach attacks, black student report, allegedly masterminded the hit on Boulis so he could continue making money from the SunCruz fleet that Boulis had sold the year before.
Anthony “Little Tony” Ferrari is also charged in the crime.
A third man, James “Pudgy” Fiorillo,Cheap Minnesota Vikings Jersey, was also arrested in 2005 but he made a deal with prosecutors and pled guilty to murder conspiracy charges. He agreed to testify against his two co-defendants in exchange for a 6-year jail sentence with credit for time served. He has already been released and is now in protective custody.
Moscatiello and Ferrari have both pleaded not guilty and could get the death penalty if convicted.
[Bearbeiten] Guns to be banned at Bloomsburg Fair
BLOOMSBURG,Cheap NFL Hat,Kanye West debuts first photo of baby North West-, Pa. (AP) ? Officials in central Pennsylvania say guns will be banned at this year?s Bloomsburg Fair.
Bill Barratt, Bloomsburg?s superintendent of police and parking, says the ban is intended to assure the safety of people attending the Sept. 21-28 event.
He told The (Bloomsburg) Press Enterprise () that a domestic argument or a misfire could harm bystanders in the expected crowd of 80,Garteh Bale- Needs to Join Real Madrid Right Now,Cheap Minnesota Vikings Jersey,000.
Barratt said he expects some criticism but decided on the ban after consulting with state and federal officials.